What is Acupuncture/Dry Needling in Mississauga?
How Acupuncture Works – Acupuncture in Mississauga is most commonly used method to treat pain. Acupuncture has evolved in recent years to become a useful and effective tool in the arsenal of the musculoskeletal pain therapists. It was confirmed by research that acupuncture stimulate deep tissue nerves, local nerve endings to release various endorphins that stimulate blood flow to the area. Furthermore, acupuncture stimulates limbic system (emotions and memory centers), cortex (brain) to alter perception of pain, that are utilized in acute and chronic conditions.
What is acupuncture used to treat?
A dry needling technique is used to treat numerous complaints. Many acupuncture’s benefits provide regulating effect of the central nervous system. By inserting a needle into the muscle, it creates a micro trauma which bring in more blood to the area and fast-tracks the healing process. Also, inserted needle stimulates release of hormones into the local tissue, which acts as an analgesic effect (decreases pain level). Acupuncture in Mississauga can treat conditions such Neck pain, low back pain shoulder complaints, knee pain and elbow pain (tennis/golfer’s elbow). Acupuncture treatment for headaches have been shown to help people with MIGRAINE, TENTION TYPE HEADACHES, CERVICOGENIC HEADACHES. But not limited to:
- TMJ (Jaw Pain)
- Acupuncture restores sleep patterns (if you wake up unrefreshed acupuncture can help)
- Strain and sprain
Does Acupuncture hurt?
Acupuncture treatment is relatively painless when administered by an experienced doctor. Patient may experience slight pinch on the initial insertion of the needle.
Benefits of Acupuncture in Mississauga
- Increased Blood Flow: Acupuncture treatment in Mississauga location will stimulate the hormones to relax the walls of the blood vessels which subsequently will cause increased blood flow to the area.
- Analgesic Effect (decreases pain): Acupuncture treatment provide two types of analgesic effect.
- Local pain relieve – strain or sprain, rotator cuff injury, groin injury, local low back or neck pain.
- Segmental Pain block: By placing needles along the nerve (for example, Sciatic nerve), needle will cause release of hormones into the spinal cord that will decrease pain perception and subsequently decrease symptoms.
- Accelerated wound or trauma healing: Acupuncture treatment into surrounding tissues will stimulate the release of the hormones (Nerve Growth Factor NGF) that promotes and accelerates the healing time.
- Inflammation: Acupuncture treatment causes local inflammation which, is desired effect of the acupuncture to fast-track the recovery and healing process.
Side Effects of Acupuncture:
Rarely, some patients may experience bruise from where needle puncture the skin. Minimal bruising is one of the sided effects but generally there is a low chance of getting a bruise following a dry needling treatment.
Dry Needling Treatment Process:
Mississauga acupuncture clinic provides safe treatment plans for all of the patients. Firstly, patient will be provided with comprehensive diagnosis and the reasoning for the acupuncture. Treatment begins with inserting the needle into specific point to relieve patient’s complaint as well as promote healing and accelerates the recovery time. Patient will spend from 5-20 minutes with the needles depending on condition and the complaint of the patient.
Contraindication for Acupuncture
Patient must be willing to receive the acupuncture needles. There are generally two reasons why patient does not want acupuncture treatment.
- Needle Phobia – patient is afraid of the needles, he/she will not be able to relax.
- Patient never experienced acupuncture treatment and believes it will be painful.